Panasonic Cancels Jungle Gaming Handheld

Posted by at 9:46 am on March 1, 2011

Panasonic on Tuesday said it had already cancelled its Jungle gaming handheld before setting a launch date or price. The company phased out the project despite having set up a Cloud Entertainment group in the US and making deals for at least a Battlestar Galactica online RPG. An exit was prompted by “changes in the market and in our own strategic direction,” the company said.

The departure may have more recently been prompted by the Sony NGP. Its future mobile PlayStation was poised to be both much more powerful than the Jungle and to beat Panasonic in areas that were supposed to be strong points, such as Internet gaming. Sony’s reputation in gaming has also been much stronger, with Panasonic’s last attempt being the 3DO roughly 15 years ago.

Leave a Reply

Sign Up For Our Newsletter

Sign up to receive breaking news
as well as receive other site updates

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

Log in

Copyright © 2008 - 2020 · StreetCorner Media , LLC· All Rights Reserved ·