Windows Insider Program Hits One Million Users

Posted by at 12:51 pm on October 14, 2014

windows-8-front_w_300MS’s Joe Belfiore updated the Windows blog on Monday with news that the Windows Insider Program reached 1 million registered users over the weekend. He also said that Microsoft has collected more than 200,000 pieces of user-submitted feedback via the Windows Feedback application in the Windows 10 Technical Preview.

Per Belfiore, 64 percent of the registrants downloaded and used Windows 10 Technical Preview as an installed operating system, while the remaining 36 percent are running the platform on a virtual machine (VM). He said that most of the feedback is based on those who are using the operating system regularly and not from those who only spend a few minutes to experiment.

“Another indicator that we have solid usage is the number of app-launches that happen on a device. 68 percent of you are launching more than 7 apps/day, and some people are using it even more heavily,” Belfiore wrote. “We have seen about 25 percent of devices running the Windows 10 Technical Preview launching more than 26 appsper day, and 5 percent launching a whopping 68 apps per day!”

Belfiore also points to an article on Paul Thurrott’s site, which shows users’ Top 10 requests in Windows 10 Technical Preview. These were generated by a participant who created a script-based analysis of the top feedback requests.

Belfiore’s post encouraged Windows 10 Technical Preview users to participate in the feedback and jump onto the Windows Technical Preview Program forum to ask and answer questions related to the new platform. Not a Windows Insider? Use the Windows Suggestion Box on the UserVoice website to submit your own requests for Windows 10.

Plus, a new build of Windows 10 Technical Preview is expected to arrive soon!

Leave a Reply

Sign Up For Our Newsletter

Sign up to receive breaking news
as well as receive other site updates

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

Log in

Copyright © 2008 - 2020 · StreetCorner Media , LLC· All Rights Reserved ·