Sam Mendes Wil Not Direct the Next James Bond film

Posted by at 9:25 am on May 31, 2016

sammendes

Sam Mendes confirmed that he will not direct the next James Bond film, according to the Associated Press.

Speaking at the Hay Festival in Wales, the Skyfall and SPECTRE director said: “It was an incredible adventure, I loved every second of it, but I think it’s time for somebody else.

Mendes added that he hoped the next James Bond director would come from an “unexpected direction,” just as he had. “I’m a storyteller. And at the end of the day, I want to make stories with new characters,” he said about his departure from the franchise.

Mendes’ first James Bond movie was Skyfall, which earned an impressive $1.108 billion worldwide in 2012. His second film in the franchise was last year’s SPECTRE, which grossed over $880 million globally. Both films starred Daniel Craig, who is reportedly not returning for the next film.

Rumored names to replace Daniel Craig are Tom Hiddleston, Jamie Bell and Idris Elba, though no official word has come from MGM, Sony Pictures or franchise producer Barbara Broccoli.

Mendes commented on the rumors, saying that “it’s not a democracy… Barbara Broccoli decides who is going to be the next Bond, end of story.”

Leave a Reply

Sign Up For Our Newsletter

Sign up to receive breaking news
as well as receive other site updates

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

Log in

Copyright © 2008 - 2020 · StreetCorner Media , LLC· All Rights Reserved ·