Robert Downey Jr. Says He’ll be Back for Sherlock Holmes 3

Posted by at 11:46 am on April 21, 2016

Hi-Res-robert-downey-jr-as-sherlock-holmes-13215927-1500-805

When Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows came out in 2011, a scant two years after the first Robert Downey Jr./Jude Law outing, we all expected a Sherlock Holmes 3 to soon follow. Now, here we are five years later with nary a Sherlock Holmes 3 in sight. That looks to be changing, however, as the star has today told ShortList that the current plan is to begin lensing the trilogy capper in the 2016 calendar year, likely before he suits up for Marvel’s two-part Avengers: Infinity War.

“We’re talking about it right now,” said Downey Jr. “We can do some preliminary stuff. If we could shoot it on Skype, we could have the whole [movie] done in a week. When we’re making those ‘Sherlock’ movies it is off the hook. [So] we’ll attempt to make one this year. It really is a big deal to go and do those movies. I’m tired all the time, but I’m so excited about it.”

Last year Sherlock Holmes franchise producer/co-writer Lionel Wigram updated IGN on the status of the script, which was announced to be co-written by he and Drew Pearce (Iron Man 3, Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation) back in 2011.

“We’re working on a ‘Sherlock Holmes 3’ script” Wigram explained. “I think we would all love to do one if we could come up with something that really was really going to knock it out of the park and was going to be the best of the three. So we’re working on that – it’s quite hard to do.”

Leave a Reply

Sign Up For Our Newsletter

Sign up to receive breaking news
as well as receive other site updates

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

Log in

Copyright © 2008 - 2020 · StreetCorner Media , LLC· All Rights Reserved ·