A few years ago in Washington state schools moved from having A, AA, and AAA football as the 3 top classes and added an AAAA level. Well Microsoft apparently does want to be be out done and is now upgrading it game lineup to “AAAA” titles, according to this want-ad for an Executive Producer.
An executive producer’s responsibilities are very demanding at the “AAAA” title, they’ve got to “deliver the end-to-end AAAA title experience” while they “maintain high-level relationships with external developers” and “represent and ensure that the project is aligned internally,” all while traveling domestically and internationally.
Qualifications and REQUIREMENTS:
- 8+ years of deep shipping experience in games production, both internal and external (Publishing scenarios a plus)
- Proven ability to blend business, creative and project management decision making
- Product portfolio management experience and insight
- High passion for the game industry (plays games, knows developer brands, etc.)
- A track record of defining, building and managing a world-class production group
- Proven track record of hiring and managing multiple production teams (internal & external) that have successfully delivered your products to the marketplace
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage and work within ambiguity to reach a successful outcome
- A technical degree (preferably Computer Science or other Engineering discipline)